News View All News »
COVID-19 Update - ELA Work at Home Packets for Week Two
Wednesday, March 25, 2020 -
Dear LCSD Elementary Families,
During the period that school is closed to students, the Liverpool Central School District is making resources and activities available to students both digitally and on paper. Week 2 ELA packets are now available digitally by following the directions below. Paper copies will be available at food delivery sites beginning Wednesday, 3/25.
Families should not feel the need to print these activities. Any written responses can be completed on looseleaf paper. For primary grades where the directions are to cut out words and/or letters, students should be able, in most cases, to point out responses on screen.
ELA resources for students in grades kindergarten through 6 can be obtained in two ways:
1. Using the District’s single sign-on platform, Launch Pad, students can click the app Elementary ELA At-Home Work. Students in K and 1st grade will use their Quickcard to log into LaunchPad. If your child did not bring his/her Quickcard home, please plan to get a paper copy of materials. Students in grades 2-6, will use their assigned school username and password; this is the same username and password they use to sign into their Chromebooks at school. Once in Launch Pad, the app icon looks like this:
When students click the icon, they will be taken to a Google folder where they can find
their grade-level packet for the current week. These are pdf documents that will need to be printed. Elementary classroom teachers will also be asked to post these packets in their Google classrooms if they have one set up. Online packets can be accessed immediately, and will be updated weekly.
2. The second option for obtaining the ELA At-Home Work is to pick up a paper copy at one of the 19 LCSD Food Distribution sites. At sites that are located in a school building, packets can be found in a box labeled “Elementary ELA At-Home Work”. For sites at bus stops, the box will be on the bus and students should ask for their grade-level packet. Paper packets will be available beginning Friday, March 20th.
Food Distribution Sites are as follows:
Monday through Friday, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., at four LCSD school buildings:
* Chestnut Hill Elementary, 200 Saslon Park Drive
* Long Branch Elementary, 4035 Long Branch Road
* Liverpool Elementary, 910 Second Street
* Nate Perry Elementary, 7053 Buckley Road
LCSD school buses also will drop off meals (both breakfast and lunch) to students Monday through Friday, at 15 locations throughout the district. The new times are as follows:
11 to 11:30 a.m.
* Sunflower @ community park
* Lakeview Townhomes
* Candlelight @ office
* Braemar @ mailboxes
* ABC Estates
* Brentwood Village Apts
* Eagles Pointe Townhomes
* Grenadier Village
12:15 to 12:45 p.m.
* Norstar Apts
* Hampton Estates
* Pinetree/Kingwood Garden
* Madison Village @ clubhouse
* Madison Village @ mailboxes
* Burningtree @ Shallowcreek
* Heritage Apts
Should you have questions regarding the ELA At-Home Work in the coming weeks, please contact your child’s classroom teacher, or me directly at email@example.com.
Executive Director of Curriculum for the Humanities and Middle Level Education