New York State Education Law Section 409-H, effective July 1, 2001, requires all public and non-public elementary and secondary schools to provide written notification to all parents, guardians, faculty and staff regarding the potential use of pesticides periodically throughout the school year.
The Liverpool Central School District will maintain a list of parents, guardians, faculty and staff who wish to receive 48-hour prior written notification of certain pesticide applications. The following pesticides applications are not subject to prior notification requirements:
- A school remains unoccupied for a continuous 72 hours following an application;
- Anti-microbial products;
- Nonvolatile rodenticides in tamper resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children;
- Silica gels and other nonvolatile ready-to-use pastes, foams or gels in areas inaccessible to children;
- Boric acid and disodium octaborate tetrahydrate;
- The application of EPA designated biopesticides;
- The application of EPA designated exempt materials under 40CFR152.25;
- The use of aerosol products with a directed spray in containers of 18 fluid ounces or less when used to protect individuals from an imminent threat from stinging and biting insects including venomous spiders, bees, wasps and hornets.
In the event of an emergency application necessary to protect against an imminent threat to human health, a good faith effort will be made to supply written notification to those on the 48-hour prior notification list.
During the 2017-2018 school year, the Liverpool Central School District did not make any pesticide applications that would require notification.
If you would like to receive 48-hour prior notification of pesticide applications that are scheduled to occur in your building for the 2018-2019 school year, please mail or e-mail your name, address, daytime and evening phone numbers to: Darrell Clisson, Liverpool Central School District District Office, 195 Blackberry Road, Liverpool, N.Y. 13090 or by e-mail at DClisson@liverpool.k12.ny.us. For further information call (315) 622-7167.