The State of New York mandates that health related screenings be completed in our schools each year. The requirements are as follows:
- Scoliosis Screening: Grades 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
- Vision Screening:
- Color Perception: Kindergarten or New Entrants
- Near Vision: Kindergarten or New Entrants
- Distance Acuity*: Kindergarten or New Entrants, Grades 1 ,2, 3, 5, 7 and 10
(Distance Acuity required in K whether or not that is the entry year for the district)
- Hearing Screening: Kindergarten or New Entrants, Grades 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10
Vision and Hearing Screenings must be completed within six months of admission to school.
If there are any unusual findings, or cause for concern, the school nurse will contact you. In the event that additional evaluation is needed, a referral form will be sent home for you to take to your private healthcare provider.
Children need to “learn to be healthy” and need to be “healthy to learn!”
If you have any questions or concerns, please call your school's Health Office.
|List of Required Health Screenings||55 KB|