News View All News »
LHS Athletic Hall of Fame Seeks Nominations
Friday, January 13, 2017 -
The Liverpool High School Athletic Hall of Fame Committee is looking for former Liverpool graduates who have distinguished themselves on the athletic fields at LHS. The gymnasium lobby at LHS displays the Hall of Fame inductees who have been honored since the first class of inductees in 1987. More than 150 individual plaques honor the past inductees for their athletic achievements and contributions to the athletic program.
This year’s ceremony continues a tradition of many years of formal inductions. The event is scheduled to take place on Sunday, June 4, at 2 p.m., in the LHS Auditorium and will be followed by a catered dinner in the LHS Cafeteria by Tony’s Restaurant of Syracuse, NY.
To be eligible, a candidate must:
- have attended Liverpool High School
- have participated in at least one Varsity Sport at LHS
- submit, or have submitted on their behalf, a written resume of his/her athletic achievements at LHS
- be at least 5 years out of high school ( before the class of 2012)
These are 4 different categories for nomination:
- "OLD" TIMERS” .. . prior to 1966
- “MIDDLE ERA” . ..1966 - 1990
- “PRESENT ERA” .. .from 1990- present
- “CONTRIBUTOR” ...an outstanding contributor to athletic programs of LHS, either in coaching or other service related to Liverpool athletics. Coaches must be RETIRED TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR INDUCTION.
Nominations for induction will be taken until March 31, 2017.
Once the nomination is submitted, the nominee remains eligible to be inducted for the next 5 years. Nomination forms should be sent to:
Liverpool High School Athletic Department
4338 Wetzel Road
Liverpool, NY 13090
Nomination Guidelines for the LHS Athletic Hall of Fame
The list below is to be used as a guideline of the information needed by the committee for evaluation.
- Name of Nominee
- Year graduated from Liverpool High School
- Years at Liverpool
- Address of Nominee
- Sport or Sports the nominee participated in
- Awards and Recognition from the league, Section III, Region, State or All American designation
- Records set
- Nominee’s accomplishments after High School
- Current Employment of Nominee
- Personal Comments
- Person making the Nomination, address, and contact information